Microsoft Flow is a service that helps you create automated workflows between your application, favorite apps, and services to synchronize files, get notifications, collect data and more. Microsoft Flow also allows you to manage data either in on-premises sources like Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint or in the cloud.
Microsoft, Flow is a new app that is part of Office 365 suite. It is included in most of Office 365 subscriptions. It can be accessed via Office 365 app launcher and allows you to automate business processes by building workflows based on certain actions and triggers.
For example, you can automate below tasks:
- Instantly respond to high-priority emails or notifications.
- Capture, track, and follow up with new sales and marketing leads.
- Copy all email attachments to your Dropbox account.
- Collect data about your business, services, etc. and share that information with your team.
- Automate approval workflows defined in the organization or for the client.
Ways to Access Microsoft Flow
- Download Mobile application for Android and iOS.
- Download application for Windows from the Windows store.
- Access it using url: https://india.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/
Login Credentials for Microsoft Flow
- Username : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Password : xxxxx
Steps to create Demo flow
This demo will include flow created by the Team Leader. The flow will include Microsoft Team Connector to tell the Team for updating the time-sheet in Teamworks.
1. Login to Microsoft Flow with Login Credentials.
2. Click on Create link as shown in the above figure, to create a new flow.
3. We are going to create Scheduled Flow which will be triggered every day between 11:00 – 11:30 AM.
4. Write the flow name and select the time and repeat every field and click on create button.
5. Next, make relevant changes for TimeZone, Start time, etc. and click on + Next Step button in the above figure.
6. Choose action as Microsoft Teams.
7. Select Post a message
8. Select Team, Channel of Microsoft Teams to whom you want to post a message. Write the message you want to post and click on the Save button. The Flow will get saved.
9. Click on the Test button to test the flow.
10. Every day, between 11:00 – 11:30 AM, the above message, will be posted in Aurora Team at Microsoft Teams on behalf of you as shown in the below figure.