KeystoneJS is an Open Source, Node JS framework based on CMS and Web Application Platform.
Getting started with KeystoneJS?
- For, KeystoneJS there are multiple dependencies have to install
- When you install KeystoneJS, by default it will configure Express Js and Mongo DB (both are used for faster response).
- It has dynamic routes which means it is MV* based application which makes it easy to manage your templates, views and routes.
- It gives you an auto-generated UI.
- It also has the Inbuilt Email functionality which can you send template-based email from your application.
How to Install
- First of all, install KeystoneJS generator that is with Yeoman. For this run below command:
- npm install -g generator-keystone
- Create project folder wherever you want:
- mkdir my-test-project
- Then move into your directory:
- cd my-test-project
- Run generator
- yo keystone
- Questions are in below image:
- For start project enter command:
- When keystone started, it will give you a welcome message in the console and give you a path where your site is ready on which port.
- Example, here our path is http://localhost:3000
Back-end panel of your project
- In this back-end panel, whatever we have selected yes when we create a project it will display as per our answer.
- It has Posts with post categories, Inquiries and Users management from where you can create, update and delete your posts, inquiries and users.
The following two tabs change content below.
I am an Opensource Developer who is always on the lookout to learn more about latest technologies. I have more than 2 years of experience in Node JS and PHP. Currently I am working as a Software Developer at Dev Information Technology Ltd.