In this blog, I would like to give highlights on some of the most exciting features of Heroku Cloud platform and would cover the following sections in detail:
1. What is Heroku?
2. Heroku Services
3. Salient Features of Heroku addons
Let’s get started with ‘What is Heroku’?
- Heroku is a world-renowned cloud platform that enables most IT companies to build, deliver, monitor and scale their apps very easily.
- With optimum efficiency, Heroku can handle all the infrastructure challenges with ease. As a result, it enables agile business enterprises to concentrate on their products (development and deployment).
- Languages like PHP, Node, Ruby, Java & Scala and many more programming languages are available on Heroku. These languages offer easy access to app creations on Heroku Cloud.
- Heroku helps towards quick app management, deployment, easy configuration and scalability in the long run.
- Heroku provides a wide range of services where you can find a large number of service providers ranging from databases to uptime alerts, messaging services or automatic backups, mail delivery, etc.
- Heroku provides you an assurance that if app develops within the platform, it is easily manageable and scalable.
- Heroku is tightly integrated with salesforce – providing seamless Heroku and salesforce data synchronization, enabling companies to architect innovative apps that span both platforms.
Add-ons / Services
– With the help of Heroku add-ons, you can manage all your cloud computing needs by managing the cloud services using CLI or dashboard.
– Add-ons are easy to install using Heroku platform that helps to manage billing, credentials, configurations from Dashboard or CLI.
– One of the most important criteria – the Deployment process can also be easily integrated with Heroku.
– Some of the popular add- ons services from Heroku Partners are as listed below:
– mLab Mongo DB (Cloud hosted)
– Papertrail (Log mgmt. service)
– Sendgrid (Email delivery)
– New Relic APM (Monitoring tool)
– Mem Cachier (Reliable Caching tool)
– Some of the inhouse add-ons developed by Heroku are listed below:
- Heroku Postgres (DB as a service)
- Heroku Connect (Salesforce Synchronization service)
- Deploy Hooks (Send notification to services on deploy)
- Apache Kafka (Streaming data service)
- Heroku Redis
- Heroku Scheduler
– Over 150 Add-ons are available in Heroku to boost up your app development
– In just three steps you can install any add-on. Below is the simple illustration:
1. Choose an add – on for your app.
2. The selected add-on attached to the app will now interact with the service.
3. You can manage all your addons from the Heroku dashboard and Command line.
Salient Features of Heroku add-ons
- While using the Heroku Dashboard or CLI, a one-click install is possible and easily manageable.
- REST API and tooling for easy technical integration
- Integrated billing and fraud expense coverage
- Product discovery through the Heroku Elements Marketplace
- Co-marketing opportunities through Heroku channels
- Access to technical engineering resources
Latest posts by Prasad Oturkar (see all)
- Heroku Cloud Platform – Services and Salient Features - August 6, 2019
- 8 Ways to Prevent SQL Injection Attacks - April 23, 2018
- SQL Injection Attack – Explained - April 16, 2018