Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a cloud services platform that is totally secure, offers compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
AWS’ version of virtual computers has most of the attributes of a real computer including hardware (CPU(s) & GPU(s) for processing, local/RAM memory, hard-disk/SSD storage); a choice of operating systems; networking; and pre-loaded application software such as web servers, databases, CRM… nearly anything.
Each Amazon Web Services (AWS) system also virtualizes its console I/O (keyboard, display, and mouse), allowing Amazon Web Services (AWS) subscribers to connect to their AWS system using a modern browser.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) includes more than 70 services and is continually launching new features and functionality.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) operates 35 availability zones within 13 geographic Regions around the world, with 12 more availability zones and 5 more regions coming online soon.
What AWS offers?
- Low ongoing cost: Pay-as-you-go pricing with no up-front expenses or long-term commitments.
- Instant elasticity and flexible capacity scaling up and down: Eliminate guessing on your infrastructure capacity needs.
- Speed and agility: Develop and deploy applications faster Instead of waiting weeks or months for hardware to arrive and to be installed.
- Apps, not ops: Focus on projects lets you shift resources away from data centre investments and operations and move them to innovative new projects and applications.
- Global reach: Take your apps global in minutes.
- Open and flexible: You choose the development platform or programming model that makes the most sense for your business.
- Secure: Allows your application to take advantage of the multiple layers of operational and physical security in the AWS data centres to ensure the integrity and safety of your data.
Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- A web service that provides resizable computing capacity in the cloud, allowing you to use web service interfaces to launch instances with a variety of operating systems.
- EC2 allows creating virtual Machines (VM) on demand. Pre-configured template Amazon Machine Image (AMI) can be used to get up and run immediately.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) reduces the time required to obtain and boot new server instances to minutes, allowing you to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as your computing requirements change.
- Elastic load balancing automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple Amazon EC2 instances.
- With auto-scaling, you can ensure that the number of Amazon EC2 instances you’re using scales up seamlessly during demand spikes to maintain performance and scales down automatically during demand lulls to minimize costs.
- Cluster Compute, Cluster GPU, and High Memory Cluster instances have been specifically engineered to provide high-performance network capability and can be programmatically launched into clusters – allowing applications to get the low-latency network performance required for tightly coupled node-to-node communication.
- It enables you to get significantly higher performance, lower network jitter and lower latencies.
- Pay only for resources actually consumes hours.
- General Purpose
- T2 Burstable Performance: High-Frequency Intel Xeon Processors. Burstable CPU, governed by CPU Credits, and consistent baseline performance.
- M4 Latest Generation: EBS-optimized by default at no additional cost and Support for Enhanced Networking.
- M3: High-Frequency Intel Xeon E5-2670 v2 (Ivy Bridge) Processors. SSD-based instance storage for fast I/O performance.
- Optimized Computing
- C4 Latest Generation: High-frequency Intel Xeon E5-2666 v3 (Haswell) processors optimized specifically for EC2. EBS-optimized by default and at no additional cost.
- C3: High-Frequency Intel Xeon E5-2680 v2 (Ivy Bridge) Processors. Support for Enhanced Support for clustering.
- Optimized Memory
- X1: X1 Instances are optimized for large-scale, enterprise-class, in-memory applications and have the lowest price per GiB of RAM among Amazon EC2 instance types.
- R4: R4 instances are optimized for memory-intensive applications and offer a better price per GiB of RAM than R3.
- R3: R3 instances are optimized for memory-intensive applications and offer a lower price per GiB of RAM.
- Accelerated Computing Instances
- P2: High-Frequency Intel Xeon E5-2686v4 (Broad well) Processors. High-performance NVIDIA K80 GPUs, each with 2,496 parallel processing cores and 12GiB of GPU memory
- G2: High-Frequency Intel Xeon E5-2670 (Sandy Bridge) Processors. High-performance NVIDIA GPUs, each with 1,536 CUDA cores and 4GB of video memory.
- F1: offer customizable hardware acceleration with field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs).
- Storage Optimized
- I3 High I/O: provide Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) SSD backed instance storage optimized for low latency, very high random I/O performance, and high sequential read throughput and provide high IOPS at a low cost.
- D2 Dense Storage: feature up to 48 TB of HDD-based local storage, deliver high disk throughput, and offer the lowest price per disk throughput performance on Amazon EC2.
Simple storage services (S3)
- Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data at any time from anywhere on the web.
- Amazon S3 is simple to use with a web-based management console and mobile app. S3 provides full REST APIs and SDKs for easy integration with third-party technologies.
- Write, read and delete objects containing from 1 byte to 5 terabytes of each data. The number of objects you can store is unlimited.
- Each object is stored in a Bucket and retrieved via a unique, developer-assigned key.
- A bucket can be stored in one of the several A bucket has a flat directory structure.
- A bucket is a container for objects and describes the location, logging, accounting, and access control.
- You can choose a region to optimize for latency, minimize costs or address regulatory requirements.
- Objects stored in a region never leave the region unless you transfer them out.
- Authentication mechanisms are provided to ensure that data is kept secure from unauthorized access. Objects can be made private or public and rights can be granted to specific users.
- S3 charges based on per GB-month and per I/O requests and per Data modification requests.
- Pricing: Pay as you Go, Payless by Using More.
- Up to 50 TB storage : US $ 0.023 GB/Month
- 51TB to 100 TB : US $ 0.022 GB/Month
- 500 TB + : US $ 0.021 GB/Month
Mozilla Extension for Amazon S3
- Amazon Cloud Front is a global content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to your viewers with low latency and high transfer speeds.
- Cloud Front is integrated with AWS – both physical locations that are directly connected to the AWS global infrastructure, as well as software that works seamlessly with services including AWS Shield for DDoS mitigation, Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing or Amazon EC2 as origins for your applications.
- To deliver content to end users with lower latency, Amazon Cloud Front uses a global network of 77 edge locations and 11 regional edge caches across 21 countries and 48 cities for content delivery. (including Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai)
- Cloud Front offers a simple, pay-as-you-go pricing model with no upfront fees or required long-term contracts, and support for Cloud Front is included in your existing AWS Support subscription.
Dev Information Technology Limited (DEV IT) is a public listed company on NSE Emerge: [DEV IT] and is an end-to-end IT service provider that believes in offering innovative solutions. DEV IT has its expertise in various areas such as cloud computing, enterprise mobility, enterprise applications, infrastructure management services, custom application development, cloud development and many more.