Initial release: October 20, 2010
Stable release: 1.7.2 / June 12, 2018
Preview release: 1.7 rc0 / April 19, 2018
Platform: Cross-platform, see Legacy browser support
What is Angular?
History of Angular Version
|Angular Version||Release Date||Description|
|1.X / Angular||-||-|
|Version 2.0.0||May 2016||Angular has been announced as “Angular JS”|
|Version 4.0.0||December 13, 2016||Angular 4 was announced, skipping 3 to avoid a confusion due to the misalignment of the router package’s version which was already distributed as v3.3.0The final version was released on March 23, 2017. Angular 4 is backward compatible with Angular 2|
|Version 5.0.0||November 1, 2017||Angular 5 include support for progressive web apps, a build optimizer and improvements related to Material Design|
|Version 6.0.0||May 4, 2018||This is a major release focused less on the underlying framework, and more on the toolchain and on making it easier to move quickly with Angular in the future, like: ng update, ng add, Angular Elements, Angular Material + CDK Components, Angular Material Starter Components, CLI Workspaces, Library Support, Tree Shakable Providers, Animations Performance Improvements, and RxJS v6|
Why Angular JS?
There is so many MVC framework available in the global world but to choose AngularJS there are so many reasons. It is very to implement and deploy.
- MVC architecture is perfect
- A declarative user interface
- Data models
- Directives behavior
- Filters flexibility
- Less line of code
- DOM element manipulations
- Service providers use
- Unit testing ready
How to install Angular JS?
It is an easy process to install angular js application in your system. You can install angular js application using CLI.
Step 1: You need to install Angular CLI globally first in your system. For that run following command in CLI.
npm install -g @angular/cli
Step 2: Create a new project using the following command in your terminal
ng new my-app
NOTE: The Angular CLI installs the necessary npm packages, creates the project files, and populates the project with a simple default app. This can take some time so please wait for some time and have a coffee.
Step 3: Go to the project directory and launch the server to run your first angular application.
ng serve –-open
The ng serve command launches the server watches your files and rebuilds the app as you make changes to those files.
Using the –open (or just -o) option will automatically open your browser on http://localhost:4200/.
These are the basic step to install and run your Angular application.
Advantages of Angular JS
- Angular JS is faster, lighter and easier. It is built with the purpose to create faster performance applications that are smaller in size and easier to develop.
- Being a Google product, you have a lively and active support community along with the host of advantages provided by Google.
- CLI – The Angular CLI makes it easy to set up the angular environment leading to effortless skeleton creation.
- There are numerous active forums where you can get immediate and reliable support.
Disadvantages of Angular JS
- The web developer has to be familiar with TypeScript before starting development on Angular.
- When you are going to create a simple web app of approximately 2MB, it is ridiculous to use Angular with massive 200MB ‘node_modules.
- Angular manipulates actual DOM directly, which makes it quite slow and un-efficient in comparison with React.
Dev Information Technology Limited [DEV IT] is an end-to-end IT service provider who strongly believes innovation is the necessity for growth. We build custom applications that address your business requirements. DEV IT has a specialization in the areas of enterprise applications, IT Infrastructure management services, custom application development, cloud development and many more.
Latest posts by Jigar Oza (see all)
- How to Build a Serverless App with S3 and Lambda Function - October 10, 2019
- Introduction to Laravel 5 - February 6, 2019
- A Beginner’s Guide to Angular JS - September 10, 2018